Hackathon: Design Automation for 3D Customizable Confection
Thank you for your registration!
–Event held mostly in English–
3DiH Hackathon 2023: Design Automation for 3D Customizable Confection
Online kickoff 24, 25 and 26 May 2023. In person at RWTH Aachen 30 and 31 May 2023.
Registration: Closed! Thank you for your interest.
23.04.2023 -> Registration is closed
Students, Developers, Makers, Engineers and Designers
Welcome to the 3DiH Hackathon 2023: Design Automation for 3D Customizable Confection! We are thrilled to have you join us for this upcoming hackathon. The event will take place on May 30th-31st, 2023, and will be focused on the theme of Design Automation for 3D Printing in food craft sector: Customizable Confection.
To help you prepare for the hackathon, we will be hosting three webinars on May 24th-26th, 2023, to introduce you to trCAD, the script-based CAD software that we will be using to streamline the 3D printing process. We encourage you to attend all three webinars to learn how to use trCAD effectively.
During the hackathon, you will work with trCAD to create 3D printable customizable forms for use by confectioners, bakers, and caterers. We encourage you to think creatively and come up with innovative solutions that address real-world problems. Whether you’re a seasoned hacker or a first-time participant, we welcome you to join us and showcase your skills.
We have partnered with several sponsors and organizations to provide you with the necessary resources and tools to build your project. You will have access to trCAD software and other resources that can help you create something amazing.
There will be judges who will evaluate each project based on several criteria, including innovation, usability, and impact. The winning team will receive a prize, which will be announced soon.
We look forward to seeing what you will create during this hackathon. Let’s make it a great event!
Tips for a Successful Hackathon:
- Team Up: Collaborate with other talented individuals to form a team with complementary skills.
- Plan Your Project: Brainstorm and plan your project before you start coding to identify potential challenges and come up with solutions.
- Familiarize Yourself with trCAD: Attend the webinars to learn how to use trCAD effectively.
- Focus on the MVP: During the hackathon, focus on creating a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) that showcases your idea and its potential.
- Take Breaks: It’s important to take breaks and rest during the hackathon to stay energized and focused.
- Ask for Help: Don’t be afraid to ask for help or advice from mentors, sponsors, or other participants.
- Practice Your Pitch: Practice your pitch beforehand to ensure that you can effectively communicate your idea and its potential.
We hope you find these tips helpful and wish you all the best in this hackathon!
What we provide:
- Foods & Drinks.
- trCAD account.
- 3D printers for chocolate and polymer.
What you should bring:
- Your laptop.
- Hunger =D
- Fit to the challenge topic.
- Innovation level of the idea.
- Added value by customization.
- Quality and complexity of technical implementation.
- Team progress while participating.
To be announced
RWTH Aachen University – Digital Additive Production DAP
Campus-Boulevard 73, 52074 Aachen